Department of Music
Name: Dr Manju Gopal
Designation: Assistant Professor
Dr Manju Gopal
Dept of Music
1.Ph D (Music) ,Kerala University,2004
2.MA (Music) ,University of Kerala,1996
1."Roots,Routes and Fruits of Vedanta in Kerala, Dept of Vedanta,SSUS,Kalady, 15 March 2016.
2.Woman in popular culture-problems of representation,Identity and resistance,Centre for comparative literature,SSUS,Kalady 9-11 March, 2016.
3.National seminar on compositions of Syama Sastri,Dept of Music,
Govt Women's College,
18 &19 of February,2016.
4.International Seminar ISSM by IUCSSM, Kottayam,
5.National Seminar "Dimensions of Natya-a
holistic approach" ,MGR Janaki College for Arts &Science for Women,Chennai,
6.International seminar ,SVASH,Thiruvananthapuram,
7. National seminar on Ethical explorations in Advaita Vedanta, Dept of Vedanta, SSUS, Kalady,3-4 March 2015
8. Consciousness-Scientific&philosophical perspectives,6&7 March,2014.
9. International Seminar, SVASH,Tvpm,April 2014.
1. Concept of laya in Carnatic music, Conference proceeding of SVASH, TVPM,ISBN:978-93-5212-526-5 ,May 2015.
2.Tradition in carnatic Music,Conference proceeding of the International seminar,SVASH, TVPM,ISBN 978-81-907480-9-4,April,2014.
1. Vidya P .M.,Varnas of T.R. Subramaniam.
2.Vedanayakam Pillai's creations- A case study.
1. Member of Board of Studies(Performing Arts), Calicut University,2016
2.Chairman, Scrutiny board, University of Kerala(2016)
3. Co-ordinator of Agamananda Swami Centre for Visual Culture & Aesthetics, SSUS, Kalady.(2014 onwards)
Conducted many programmes as part of NSS regular activities (including vegetation of crops , campus cleaning etc)
Presented music concerts in Kerala.
Presented papers a nd invited lectures as part of National Seminar in Kerala & outside.
About Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit
The University was established two decades ago in the name of the illustrious Indian philosopher Jagad Guru Adi Sankara in his place of birth at Kalady. The basic objective of the University is to impart knowledge in various branches of Sanskrit, Indology, Indian culture, Indian and Foreign languages, Indian philosophy, Fine Arts and Social Sciences and to promote the study and research in Sanskrit and other systems of Indian knowledge. As a centre of cultural heritage and a house for indigenous art forms, the University is envisioned to harmonize the society through educational excellence.